The Expander joins to the main Chirper 3FW to greatly widen the possibilities by combining the oscillators & adding utilities.
- The top section features an 8-stage digital shift register (without feedback path) with outputs summed by R2R networks to generate stepped 0 to +10V waveforms.
- these can either take clock & data from Oscs 1&2 or any external source. The Digital-to-Analogue (DtoA) outputs each sum a different 4 outputs from the shift registers.
- The middle section is a basic Sample & Hold plus a White Noise generator for random generation.
- the S&H can source from the White Noise or an external signal & can be triggered either by Osc2 or an external signal.
- The bottom section is a simple glide/filter scaled mainly to low frequency smoothing.
The expander connects to the Chirper with a 12cm 2-way cable (supplied).
Current: +ve 25mA, -ve 20mA